It is hard to believe that I started this blog two years ago. I toyed with the idea for a long time before I actually secured a site, picked a name and actually did my first blog post. I have changed some things along the way. I decided to change the look a little in celebration of my two years of blogging. I have heard that blogging is sort of on the way out, and that with Instagram, Instagram Stories, Vlogging and YouTube that not many people blog anymore. I don’t think that’s true. I still read a lot of blogs and I really enjoy having a blog. I have posted 107 blog posts in the last two years. I will tell you why I love blogging.
- It is a great way to keep a running diary of day to day events.
- I have met and shared things, and actually become really good friends, with some fellow bloggers.
- It is definitely a way to express myself in a way I didn’t know was possible.
- It makes me more aware of the things I do, places I visit and things I discover.
- I tend to want to experience more. I want to try new adventures and share them with you.
- It has made me more aware of me as a person. Reading back through past blogs makes me appreciate what I have and how I have grown in different ways.
I feel like my blog has come a long way since I first started blogging. I have learned so much. I am going to list some of my favorite posts from the last two years and also my first blog post ( I am a little embarrassed by this one, I had no idea what I was doing)
My second post was about losing my brother Allen. Today is the second anniversary of his death and I am really missing him.
Here are a few of my favorite posts and my very first one.
Welcome to Southern Patches ( My very first post)
Saying Goodbye to My Brother Allen
I looked Like Jack Nicholson In The Shining
I Survived Mother’s Day
Juggle The Struggle
A Valuable Thanksgiving Lesson
Pottery, Pastries & Nancy Drew
Do You Always Know When You Are Being a Bit*h
And then there are several of my favorites about travel. I love to travel and I think you learn so much from it. Here are a few of my favorites.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog whether you are a long time reader or just started reading. I have so enjoyed the last two years and look forward to many more.
I hope you are having a wonderful day thank you for celebrating with me!!
Love your day your way!!