A Quick Nashville Trip and Kitty Babies

Good morning friends and happy December!!! I am up early writing this before work. It is a chilly 35 degrees F this morning in beautiful East Tennessee. The day should be partly cloudy with temps going up to about 65 degrees F. I just fed all the babies except our old girl Molly. I will feed her in just a few minutes she has to be coaxed and it can take quite awhile. It is supposed to be a partly cloudy but warmer day today.

Even though we have red skies this morning, which usually denotes bad weather, it is supposed to be a fairly calm weather day.

Sometimes I simply amaze myself and have to question my own sanity. Take for instance last night. It was about 9:00 PM and I was in my garage in my pjs doing my special kitty call, don’t ask, to try and get all the kitties into the garage for the night. I kept going in and out to the garage until I had all of them safely in. I’m thinking to myself, what has happened here? When did I truly become the Crazy Cat Lady. Well we all know when it happened the approximate time of Cat Ladydom was just a few short months ago on July 4th at 6:00 PM. That is the time mama cat Allie first appeared at our house. Things were not this crazy when we got Kitty Kitty I think just having one kitty does not a Crazy Cat Lady make. I guess because she came to our house without it causing too much insanity and I never really felt “Crazy Cat Lady” until we took in the other five.

Yesterday the hubs and I made our quarterly trek to Vanderbillt Medical Center In Nashville. It’s a 4 hour drive each way if the traffic is good, it was yesterday. I got up at 3:00 AM to get all the babies fed and cared for before we left out around 5:00 AM. It is an exhausting trip. But all of Mark’s blood work was great so that is a blessing and well worth that long trip. I think I told you we usually get the blood work results within an hour or so of leaving the hospital and we can breath easy after that. But yesterday the lab was running slow and we didn’t get them until we pulled into our driveway four hours later. It was a very long and nervous ride back. It makes for a long and stressful day but It’s just what we have to do so we do it. There are some things in life like that. But to get a good report and peace of mind, well you can’t ask for more. It’s what we do to keep Mark’s transplanted kidney safe.

A couple of weeks ago I found these adorable little Christmas stockings at Kohl’s. I found one for each of the fur babies with their initials. All but I that is for Izzy so I bought a plain one and embroidered the I myself. I hung them up last weekend and I just love them. I have most of the ornaments on the tree except all of our Star Trek ornaments and a tree topper. I am looking for a different topper this year.

You can get a glimpse of my partially decorated Christmas tree on the right. The tree on the left is my bird tree that I keep up all year. I collect bird ornaments and just keep it up all the time. It now has lots of kitty toys under it. Lol.
I put the stockings on either side of the entryway going into the kitchen. Not the best of pictures but you get the idea. We have four on each side.

Last Friday I took Milo and Buster in to the vet clinic to be neutered. I dropped them off at 8:00 AM on my way into town. I was a little teary eyed dropping them off. I know we have to do this if we are going to keep all the kitties but I can’t bear to think of them scared and in pain. Allie, mama cat, has been spayed and of course Kitty Kitty and now Buster and Milo. We have only our two girls, Izzy and Sadie left to be spayed. We should have that done before the end of the year. I picked Buster and Milo up on my way home from work and they were fine. By the next day they were playing and climbing trees as usual.

How is your week going?

Always remember

Love your day your way!!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s