I know that goals are important to have but I just hate them. I like to try and think of different words to use for goals, like challenge, opportunity, a new focal point, you get the idea. Every time I formulate a plan in my head, and it becomes a goal, for some reason it is doomed to failure. I think I probably put too much into it and when I haven’t achieved said goal in two or three days or seen the results I want to see then I give up.
Photos by dreamstime
While there are a lot of things I need to do in my life to help make my life better I don’t really want to think of them as goals. For instance I know:
- I need to get more exercise. I am at an age where I am losing muscle mass by the second. I know how important it is to have more weight bearing exercise in my life.
- I need to eat more vegetables I know that vegetables are great antioxidants and can ward off cancer and heart disease and bad things like that and are packed full of vitamins.
- Better sleep is something I really need. I have terrible sleeping habits. I can tell such a huge difference when I don’t get good sleep.
- Finish projects that I start. Stay focused.
- Lose weight!! nuff said.
So with all of that said why can’t we set goals that are fun? I know what is good for me. I know that I need to get more exercise and lose weight etc etc. Most people do. We know what our bodies need. But having fun and living is just as important to our well being and our souls. One cannot exist without the other. So 5 things, remember I hate that G word, I need to do: (And these are just 5 of many)
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Get a manicure whenever I feel like it
- Eat a salad and have a chocolate sundae for dessert
- Start a million projects if it is something I want to do.
- Enjoy Life to the fullest
Do you set a lot of goals? How does that work for you?
No matter what
Love your day your way!!!